1. Trademark search (Optional):
In order to verify the registrablity of your trademark in Vietnam before officially filing trademark application at National Office of Intellectual Property (NOIP), you should conduct a search of the trademark.
The result will show whether or not your trademark is similar to trademark registered by other applicants for the same product/service.
In addition, the result will also indicate that the launching of your product under your trademark/brand name into Vietnam market is legal or illegal by that time.
Time frame: 02 working days
The applicant shall send SB LAW the following documents:
- 05 samples of trademark.
- List of products/service bearing trademark
2. Register trademark in Vietnam
2.1 Time frame of trademark registration in Vietnam:
The trademark application shall be passed through three stages:
- Formality examination of trademark application: 01 month
- Publication of trademark application: 02 months counted from the date of acceptance of formality of the trademark application
- Substantive examination: 08-09 months counted from the date of publishing the trademark application
- If the result of substantive examination shows that applicant’s trademark is registrable, NOIP shall issue Certificate of Trademark Registration within 01 month.
2.2 Required documents:
In order to register trademark in Vietnam, the applicant shall provide S&B LAW the following documents:
- 12 samples of trademark (size 8 cm x 8 cm);
- Power of Attorney (Provided by SBLAW);
- List of products/service bearing trademark.
2.3 Validity Duration of trademark registration:
A trademark once registered is valid for a term of 10 years and can be renewed every 10 years for an unlimited period.
Get in touch with us