As one of the leading Trademark Attorney Firms, we are capable of assisting you with registering your trademark in Vietnam in an efficient and cost-competitive way.
We would like to advise you procedure and our fee schedule in relation to the trademark registration proceeding in Vietnam as follows:
1. OUR FEE SCHEDULE
In Vietnam, multi-class application is applicable. The basic fees are calculated based on the number of class of goods/services (G/S) in each application as well as the number of products designated in each class in the application.
Below is the breakdown of charges for registering a trademark in Vietnam, in a smooth case, for your consideration:
|1. Fee for conducting a trademark search in one class|
|2. Fee for filing an application for one class of G/S with up to 6 products in each class |
– Fee for each additional products in exceed of 6 in each class
|3. Fee for granting a registration certificate for one trademark in one class of G/S;|
Note: In case of any office action or any possible opposition which may occur during the application prosecution, an additional charge would be incurred, upon the client’s approval.
2. PROCEDURE AND TIMELINE
The duration for a trademark application from mature to proceed to registration is round 14-18 months from the filing date, involving these stages:
(1) examination as to formality and publication on the Gazette (3 months);
(2) examination as to substance (9 months) and
(3) issuance of registration certificate for the registered mark (2 months).
Kindly note that the term for registration process normally takes longer to several months in practice due to the workload of the National Office of Intellectual Property (NOIP)and the slow examination process by the NOIP’s examiner.
3. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION
– Name and address of the Applicant;
– List of Goods/Services;
– Specimen of the applied mark;
– An original Power of Attorney(POA)which is simply signed by the Applicant (our form in attachment) (Please be informed that a scanned/faxed copy of the POA is acceptable upon filing provided that the original copy is submitted within 01 month from the filing date).
– For Vietnamese applications, the POA is simply signed by the Applicant only. Please further noted that a scanned/faxed copy of the POA is acceptable upon filing in all three countries provided that the original copy is submitted within 01 month from the filing date;
– In Vietnam, class headings and/or general description of designated goods/services are not applicable. The G/S should be correlative to those having code number listed in the Nice classification 10th edition.
If you would like further information on Register your trademark in Vietnam, please either email to our Partners at: email@example.com or call to our Office:
Ha Noi Office: +84 (4) 62 62 0246
HCM Office: +84 (8) 35 208 101.
– See more at: http://www.sblaw.vn/entry/register-your-trademark-in-vietnam#sthash.kTlj8w7A.dpuf
Get in touch with us