Client: Our company is looking for an agency for legal advice in day-to-day legal matters affecting the routine activities. Please send me your offer and quotation. Thank you very much for your response
SBLAW: This is reference to your email from which we were requested to provide advice on day-to-day legal matters for your company (hereinafter referred to as “Client”).
We, therefore, are grateful to present you Legal retainer service proposal for your review and consideration as follows:
1.SCOPE OF WORKS
Our provision of services shall be as follows:
– Providing timely updates on circulars and reminders to Client in respect of statutory obligations under the Vietnam Investment Law and Enterprise Law, Labor Law and other related laws of Vietnam. Whenever there is a new relevant law or enactment of any existing law, SB Law shall provide immediate legal update notice to Client with details of the updated content;
– Providing clarification (if it is necessary) regarding to Legal Update Notice per requested by Client;
– Preparation of minutes/resolutions in respect of Annual General Meetings and the related Director’s Meetings, notices, consent, corporate presentation forms and proxies for Client;
– Preparation of standard Director’s resolutions and related documents pertaining to change of directors, secretaries and registered office;
– Reviewing and/or preparing and finalizing drafts of communication between the Client and its partners, customers or competent authority;
– Reviewing and/or preparing customer service contract, labor contract, lease contract, warning letters etc. to be executed between Client and other relevant parties;
2. PERFORMANCE OF SERVICES:
The working relationship between SB Law and Client shall be based on the premise that SB Law shall act as the legal division of Client and the communication for different services shall be either in any or all of the following form:
– Telephone and/or facsimile;
– Direct conference Both SB Law and Client agree that at no point of time shall the Services Performance provided by SB Law create an employer-employee relationship between the Consultant or Lawyer entrusted by SB Law (hereinafter referred to as “Consultant”) and the Client.
The Consultant shall have no right to receive any employee benefits including, but not limited to, health and accident insurance, life insurance, sick leave and/or vacation.
The working hours of the Consultant with Client shall be determined by SB Law but shall be reasonably enough to cover all the obligations towards Client.
The service charges of SB Law are applicable to, though it is not limited to, telephone calls, correspondence, e-mails, meetings, legal analysis and research, review and drafting of documents, depositions, conferences and travel.
Client shall not be typically charged for occasional calls which would last for a few minutes, up to a maximum of ten minutes. Any call beyond ten minutes shall be automatically billed.
All the meetings shall be fixed by appointment and both SB Law and Client shall stick to the schedule. In case of any cancellation, an advance notice of minimum 08 working hours shall be adhered. Missed meetings or cancellations without sufficient notice will be billed to Client. Client shall appreciate that SB Law is a law firm doing business with many other clients and therefore Client shall provide a reasonable, fair and realistic notice to SB Law for their requests and projects. Client shall not request for an emergency service which shall be attributed to their poor planning and miscommunications. SB Law may require detailed clarification of projects in order to meet expectations and provide the best support and highest quality work.
3. STANDARD WORKING HOURS
From our preliminarily discussion, we assume that with current business operation of Client,SB Law shall render its legal retainer services for a number of working hours per month(hereinafter referred to as “Standard Working Hours”). SB Law shall warrant that itsConsultant shall be available during normal working hours (from Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to5:30 pm. National Holiday and weekends shall not be classified to normal working time).
Timefor which charges applied to Services requested by Client in Extra Time other than normalworking hours as defined herein shall be duplicated. In case the Standard Working Hours in amonth is not depleted, the redundant time shall be automatically added into the StandardWorking Hours of the next month. However, the Accumulated Standard Working Hours in amonth must not exceed 180% normal Standard Working Hours of 01 month. At presence, SBLaw provide following Service Packages:
Service Package Standard Working
Primary Package: 8,000,000 for 5 hours
Standard Package: 14,000,000 for 10 hours
Premium Package:20,000,000 for 15 hours
Additional work beyond the scope of Legal Retainer Services as defined in Item or beyond the
Standard Working Hours must be negotiated separately and will be billed separately at the fullstandard hourly rate according to service category with payment due upon receipt.
4. BILLING PROCEDURES
SB Law invoices will be sent one week prior to the commencement of the next service periodstart date. Amounts are due three (03) working dates before commencement of each service
period start date. Paid retainer fee shall be non-refundable.
We typically render monthly statements. Each statement will include the fees for servicesrendered and the disbursements for services provided, such as postage, telephone,photocopying, word processing, delivery, computer research, staff overtime on specific rushprojects, filing fees, messenger service and independent filing or search services. In someinstances, disbursements for in-house services may include the indirect expenses associatedwith providing the service. Extra amount other than Retainer Fee shown on these statementsare payable within ten (10) days after the date of the statements. Statements that are not paidwithin ten (10) days are assessed a late payment charge at the rate of one and one-half percent(1½%) per month on the unpaid balance.
If you would like further information on Monthly legal advice request, please either email to our Partners at: email@example.com or call to our Office:
- Ha Noi Office: +84 (4) 62 62 0246
- HCM Office: +84 (8) 35 208 101.
Get in touch with us