Domains entitled to investment preferences in Vietnam
1. Production of new materials or new materials or new energy; manufacture of hi-tech products, bio-technology or information technology; mechanical engineering.
2. Farming and processing of agricultural, forest or aquatic products; salt making; production of hybrid breeds, new plant varieties and/or animal breeds.
3. Use of high technologies or modern techniques; protection of ecological environment; research, development and nourishment of high technologies.
4. Employment of a large number of laborers.
5. Building and development of infrastructures, important and large-scale projects.
Geographical areas entitled to investment preferences in Vietnam
1. Areas facing difficult or extremely difficult socio-economic conditions.
2. Industrial parks, export processing zones, hi-tech parks, economic zones.
Conditional investment domains in Vietnam
1. Conditional investment domains include:
a) Domains, which affect national defense, security, social order and safety;
b) Financial and banking domains;
c) Domains, which affect public health;
d) Culture, information, press and publishing;
e) Entertainment services;
f) Real estate business;
g) Survey, prospecting, exploration and exploitation of natural resources; ecological environment;
h) Development of education and training.
i) Some other domains as provided for by law.
2. For foreign investors, apart from the domains defined in Clause 1 of this Article, conditional investment domains shall also include those scheduled for implementation of international commitments in treaties to which the Socialist Republic of Vietnam is a contracting party.
3. For foreign-invested enterprises having already invested in the domains other than the conditional ones, which, however, in the course of operation, have been added to the list of conditional investment domains, investors shall still be entitled to continue operation in such domains.
4. Foreign investors may apply the same investment conditions as domestic ones in cases where the latter own 51% or more of charter capital of an enterprise.
5. Based on socio-economic development requirements in each period and the consistency with commitments in treaties to which the Socialist Republic of Vietnam is a contracting party, the Government shall stipulate a list of conditional investment domains, conditions for the establishment of economic organizations, investment forms and the opening of markets in a number of domains for foreign investment.
2. Projects, which are prejudicial to historical or cultural relics, Vietnamese culture, morals or fine customs.
3. Projects, which may cause harms to people’s health, destroy natural resources or environment.
If you would like further information on Investment domains and geographical areas, please either email to our Partners at: email@example.com or call to our Office:
Ha Noi Office: +84 (4) 62 62 0246
HCM Office: +84 (8) 35 208 101.
Get in touch with us